Monday, July 16, 2012

Summertime!

Wow! Four and a half months fly by! I have to be the world's worst blogger- but I haven't forgotten the bloggy world completely. We moved into the new house in May, and so began the decorating and everything else that goes with a new home. I'm finally getting everything where I want it, but there's some serious work to do still (pics will follow sometime in the next five years...).
   In March, we took a trip to Baton Rouge and went to the awesome zoo there. I love tigers (except the LSU variety), and this was the first time I had ever seen them so near the glass! We finished up with a trip to the mall of Louisiana (and Pottery Barn of course) and got to spend time with a sweet friend that lives down there.
.
Then in April, we made our way down to the sugar-white beaches of Destin (my hometown..sniff, sniff), and enjoyed a few days in the sun and surf. My grandma came from Utah and Boogs really enjoyed having both his "grammy" (my mom) and "GG" (my gran) spoiling him!




   In May, Boogs also "graduated" from his preK3 class. I, of course, forgot my camera (mom fail), and so sadly, no pics. He had such a wonderful year and an amazing teacher, but we're ready for preK4 and a new school, which leads me to the next exciting tidbit. In May, I was offered a job at a private preschool and after meeting the wonderful people that run it, I knew it was the job for me. I taught preschool for three years before Boogs was born, and have wanted to return to it, but I've just been waiting for the right school for both me and him to be at. Thankfully, we found it! I'm so excited for September and the new beginnings that await us!
   June passed very quickly with another trip home to Destin for a few days and then Boogs stayed with Grammy, while my husband and I took the youth at our church (hubs is a youth pastor) to summer camp. It was in Texas and about 95-100 degrees all week, so despite sweating like...something not ladylike, we had a total blast. The kids really seemed to grow in their faith, and it was so exciting to see them worshiping together and reading the Word. 
   That's been the last few months in review- we're off to the pool before it's dinner time! Hope ya'll are having an awesome summer! 


No comments:

Post a Comment